2013 WANEE MUSIC FESTIVAL THE ALLMAN BROTHERS BAND & WIDESPREAD PANIC LEAD AN OUTSTANDING LINE-UP GOV’T MULE, TEDESCHI/TRUCKS, LEON RUSSELL, MICHAEL FRANTI & SPEARHEAD & MUCH MORE!
TICKETS ON SALE
SATURDAY, JANUARY 26TH / 10AM
The Allman Brothers Band along with Widespread Panic headline a great line-up of outstanding performers for what is fast becoming one of the most popular Festivals in the country, the 2013 Wanee Music Festival, Thursday April 18th through Saturday April 20th at the Spirit of Suwannee Music Park in Live Oak, FL. Tickets for the Festival go on sale Saturday, January 26th at 10AM through Music Today at:http://www.waneefestival.tickets.musictoday.com/WaneeFestival/calendar.aspx
In addition to the The Allman Brothers Band and Widespread Panic playing both Friday and Saturday nights, the rest of the line-up includes: Gov’t Mule,Tedeschi Trucks Band, Jaimoe’s Jasssz Band, Michael Franti & Spearhead, Robert Randolph and the Family Band, Leon Russell, Tower of Power, Les Claypool’s Duo de Twang,
Electric Hot Tuna , Maceo Parker, Steel Pulse, North Mississippi Allstars, Blackberry Smoke, Galactic & Friends, The Greyboy Allstars, Voice of the Wetlands All-Stars Featuring: Tab Benoit, Cyril Neville, Big Chief Monk Boudreaux, Jumpin Johnny Sansone, Waylon Thibodeaux, Johnny Vidacovich,Dirty Dozen Braass Band, Royal Southern Brotherhood, Bobby Lee Rodgers Trio, The Lee Boys, Giant Panda Guerilla Dub Squad, The Revivalists andMonophonics.
Wanee is also excited to welcome back the traveling version of Jorma Kaukonen’s “Fur Peace Ranch.” Sign up to experience musician/songwriter workshops and lessons all under the tutelage of world class musicians. Immerse yourself in an intense and uplifting musical event.
THREE DAY GENERAL ADMISSION FESTIVAL TICKETS:
$195 + Applicable Fees (From January 26th 10am EST – February 25th 10PM EST – Price will increase after this) Includes: 3 nights of Primitive Camping (Thurs., Fri. & Sat.). Music from 12:30PM on Thursday (April 18). Full days of Music on Friday & Saturday (April 19 & 20)
$495+Applicable Fees: Includes: (1) VIP 3-Day pass to the festival with music starting at 12:30PM on Thursday, Special concert viewing area at Peach and Mushroom stages, 3 nights of primitive camping (Thurs., Fri. & Sat.), Wanee 2013 VIP T Shirt, Commemorative Wanee 2013 Laminate, Private Restrooms, Commemorative Wanee 2013 Poster, Catered Lunch and dinner on Friday & Saturday, Complimentary snacks and soft drinks, Discounted beer, Access to Wanee 2013 VIP only Pre Party
Tickets for the 2013 Wanee Music Festival go on sale Saturday, January 26th/10AM at:http://www.waneefestival.tickets.musictoday.com/WaneeFestival/calendar.aspx. The Festival will be held Thursday April 19th through Saturday April 21st at the Spirit of Suwannee Music Park in Live Oak, FL.
Last year with thousands in attendance, the festival saw its biggest and best year to date. This year is sure to sell out so get your tickets early!
Look for more upcoming announcements at: www.waneefestival.com
THE EXCITEMENT IS STARTING TO BUILD!
WANEE 2013 LINE-UP
ANNOUNCED JANUARY 21ST/10AM EST!
Tickets On-Sale Saturday, January 26th!
The Line-up for the 2013 Wanee Music Festival will be announced Monday, January 21st at 10AM EST at waneefestival.com and it is shaping up to be one of the best yet! The group of star studded acts joining the Allman Brothers Band April 18th through the 20th at Spirit of Suwannee Music Park in Live Oak, FL will add energy and excitement to what is fast becoming one of the most popular Festivals in the country.
Also, 3-day tickets to the 2013 Wanee Music Festival will be going on sale Saturday, January 26th at 10AM EST through Music Today at: http://www.waneefestival.tickets.musictoday.com/WaneeFestival/calendar.aspx
So don’t forget to check the website at www.waneefestival.com on Monday, January 21st at 10AM EST for updates on the Festival line-up and ticket sales.
WE ARE COLLABORATING WITH
ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAMER JORMA KAUKONEN AND BRINGING HIS FUR PEACE RANCH TO
THE WANEE FESTIVAL SITE IN 2012!
For the first time Wanee Music Festival will host one of the premier music workshops in the country, Jorma Kaukonen’s Fur Peace Ranch. Wanee and Fur Peace Ranch will hold workshops during the festival and Q&A groups that will be held by Jorma Kaukonen, Jack Casady, Mickey Hart, Oteil Burbridge, Warren Haynes and other performers that will be at Wanee 2012. They will all be hosted by Rock and Roll Hall Of Famer, Jorma Kaukonen.
In 1989, Jorma and Vanessa Kaukonen conceived what Jorma calls “a ranch that grows guitar players.” Not a fantasy camp, but this would be a place where both budding and seasoned musicians could immerse themselves for several days, and emerge with renewed inspiration and tangible progress in their music. Now in its 15th year, the award winning Fur Peace Ranch will take their concept “on the road” and for the first time will be on site at the Wanee Music Festival 2012.
For more information and to purchase tickets for the festival and workshops go to waneefestival.com.
2011 brought a second consecutive year of an outstanding quantity of music talent that filled stages arenas and festivals throughout the year. It is very apparent that for many artists live performances have become necessary to boost sagging album/cd sales and income.
Though the economy has been tough on everyone’s pocketbook, it seems that fans have opened their wallets to music shows and festivals, maybe to escape reality for a few hours or even days to mingle with fellow music lovers and enjoy the fellowship that music brings.
This year many bands reunited to tour the country and revive memories of the youthful days of our past. The Foo Fighters headlined many festivals and released a new album. Former members of the Grateful Dead toured as Further, and The original Funky Meters rejoined with Dr. John and taught the younger generation a lesson in what a groove is all about.
Early heros such as Bob Seger and Steely Dan proved they can still entertain with the best by filling and selling out many venues. Even a Beatle, Sir Paul McCartney traveled the U.S. Having little trouble selling tickets from $65 nosebleeds to over $100 and up for prime locations.
This year I have photographed over 40 shows and four major festivals. I have been very fortunate to have witnessed over 100 different individual bands. Many bands numerous times such as My Morning Jacket (3), Joe Bonamassa (two solo and one Black Country Communion), The Allman Brothers (3), The Black Keys(3), and Robert Plant (2). It’s my job to cover many genres of music and am continually amazed at the talent of these artists even the ones, I do not normally listen to.
I do not claim to be an expert on all things music and I do not expect to be agreed with on my every selection. But thats the fun, music is a great network to socialize with people of all ages and ways of life.
So here are my favorite memories of 2011. I look forward to hearing about yours.
Best Performances of 2011
- Jeff Beck- The Louisville Palace (a complete guitar player and a amazing band)
- My Morning Jacket (Circuital cd release concert broadcast worldwide by American Express) – The Louisville Palace , also Bonnaroo and the Hangout Music Festival
- The Bonnaroo Super Jam (Dr. John, Dan Auerbach, The Preservation Hall Jazz Band and more)- Bonnaroo Music Festival (rare mix of great talent)
- The Allman Brothers Band- The Wanee Festival Swanee River State Park, FL ( a music machine)
- The Foo Fighters- The Hangout Music Festival Gulf Shores, AL
- Paul McCartney -Great American Ballpark Cincinnati ,OH
- Steely Dan -The Louisville Palace
- The Tedeschi- Trucks Band, ( Best new band of the year) Popa John’s Stadium Louisville, KY
- Eric Clapton- MGM, Las Vegas, NV (Clapton in Vegas, enough said!)
- Joe Bonamassa- Taft Theater Cinn, OH and The Louisville Palace
- Robert Plant – ( more Zeppelin with a twist and a solid band) Bonnaroo Music Festival and Wanee Music Festival
- Paul Simon- The Hangout Festival
- The Warren Haynes Band -The Wanee Music Festival, Bonnaroo
- The Black Keys – Bonnaroo and The Hangout Festival
- Black Country Communion – Murat Theater Indianapolis, IN
- Merle Haggard and Kris Kristofferson Horseshoe Casino , Elizabeth, IN
- Florence and The Machine – Bonnaroo
- Dr. John and The Original Funky Meters- Bonnaroo
- John Mellencamp The Louisville Palace
- Of Montreal- Headliners Louisville, KY
- Rush – KFC Yum Center, Louisville , Ky (watching Neil Peart is enough)
- Taylor Swift- KFC Yum Center- ( The best in crowd watching)
- Gregg Allman and Friends Bonnaroo
- Motorhead ( Lemmy need I say more) -The Hangout Festival
- The Pixies – The Louisville Palace
- Buffalo Springfield Bonnaroo – (Mr.Soul and Rockin in the Free World saved an average show)
- Lady Gaga – KFC Yum Center(another crowd watching classic)
- Arcade Fire – Bonnaroo
- Primus ( I am still vibrating from Les Claypool’s bass) The Hangout Festival
- Bob Seger KFC Yum Center ( still a solid performer)
- Here come The Mummies
- Deer Tick (one of Bonnaroo’s top shows)
- Jonathan Tyler and Northern Lights ( a killer surprise) The Hangout Festival
- J. Roddy Walston ( This band has it all) WFPK Waterfront Wednesday
- Fleet Foxes- (one of rocks sweetest voices)
- Grace Potter and The Nocturnals
Best Festival of 2011
- The Wanee Festival (beautiful setting and two nights of the Allmans)
- The Hangout Music Festival ,Gulf Shores, AL ( Loaded with Talent and beautiful sunsets on the beach)
- Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival ( This is always the most diverse music and crowd in one setting. A music overload!)
Shows I would have liked to attended.
- Lollapalooza Chicago, IL
- Chicago Blues Festival , Chicago, IL
- Austin City Limits, Austin TX
- Mountain Jam Hunter, New York
- New Orleans Jazz Festival
- Warren Haynes Winter Jam Asheville , N.C.
2011 was a great year for music and I left many good shows off my list. I hope to make one of the festivals on my list above in 2012.