HANGOUT MUSIC FESTIVAL ANNOUNCES 2015 LINEUP
FOO FIGHTERS, ZAC BROWN BAND, BECK, MY MORNING JACKET
SKRILLEX, PARAMORE, FOSTER THE PEOPLE, SPOON
TO HEADLINE 6TH INSTALLMENT OF FESTIVAL
THREE-DAY TICKETS ON-SALE TUESDAY, JANUARY 12th AT 10 AM EST
GULF SHORES, AL (January 12th, 2015) – Hangout Music Festival has announced their 2015 lineup. The sixth festival installment will take place May 15-17, 2015 and will feature headliners Foo Fighters, Zac Brown Band, Beck, My Morning Jacket, Skrillex, Paramore, Foster The People, Spoon and over 70 bands to the beautiful white sandy beaches of Gulf Shores, AL. Three day tickets go on-sale Tuesday, January 12th at 10 AM EST and are $249. To purchase three-day tickets, visit www.hangoutmusicfest.com
Today, Hangout announced a new joint venture with Goldenvoice. “From the beginning, the Hangout Music Festival’s main priority has been to create an incredible fan experience. With our recently announced partnership with Goldenvoice, who produce top festivals including Coachella, we have found a partner that shares our vision in both fan experience and music programming. This partnership offers an exciting opportunity for the overall enhancement of Hangout, ” said Shaul Zislin, Founder of Hangout Festival.
Local bands Houndmouth and My Morning Jacket will both be appearing.
Hangout Music Festival is the first and only festival of its kind. The festival’s extraordinary beach backdrop and sandy walkways make Hangout Music Festival the premiere music festival destination for music fan. Food offerings include fresh local seafood offerings prepared by renowned regional chefs in the Alabama Gulf Seafood Courtyard.
VIP ticket-holders are receiving a new perk this year – unique food experiences from award winning chefs. Other benefits of the acclaimed VIP area include easy access to the festival through special entrances, prime viewing areas, including swimming pools with views of the main stage, a shaded VIP Grove with complimentary beverages as well as private, air-conditioned restrooms and more. Super VIPs will also receive 24/7 concierge services, access to a private and air-conditioned dining room and lounge featuring exclusive meals prepared by renowned chefs, golf cart chauffeur service, priority on-site lodging reservation privileges and more. VIP tickets are available for $1099 and a limited number of Super VIP tickets will also be available for $1699. To purchase VIP tickets, visit: www.hangoutmusicfest.com
The Hangout Music Fest is located in Gulf Shores, Alabama – just a few miles from the Florida border. The Gulf Shores area offers a wide arrange of vacation rentals including condos, hotels and beach houses – many of which are located within walking or biking distance to the festival. Fans looking to book a place to stay for the festival can choose from a wide variety of options at http://www.hangoutmusicfest.com.
For more information on Hangout Music Festival, please visit HangoutMusicFest.com.
Iroquois Amphitheater and Production Simple announced the opening shows for their 2013 concert series. Louisville Mayor Greg Fischer discussed the significance the series has in making people aware of our historic and beautiful park. Local band , Houndmouth who will be featured on NPR Radio and recently sold out Headliners Music Hall, will begin the series on April 26. The band was introduced by Mayor Fischer and Production Simple’s Lizi Hagen.
The Amphitheater celebrates it’s 75 anniversary opening in 1938. This year’s acts include Local Natives,The legendary Gregg Allman and Garrison Keillor. Paul Thorn and Jason Isbell will perform in a rare collaboration show as well. To learn more about this season’s events visit their website http://www.iroquoisamphitheater.com
2012 proved to be an awesome music year for me. I was able to cover over 85 events with over 300 acts. This was a year that featured many old favorites, a few of which were on my photo bucket list such as Roger Waters, Van Halen, Leon Russell,and Doors Keyboardist Ray Manzarek. I was proud to have a gallery of my photos at The Louisville Science Center Guitar Exhibit.
I got a much desired second opportunity at Bruce Springsteen and Jimmy Buffett and a third at KISS!
I want to thank my media sources for allowing me to get credentialed and all the great publicist who make this possible.
Special thanks to the great staffs and companies who bring the music to us. Productions Simple, WFPK Radio, Live Nation, AC Entertainment , Horseshoe Entertainment and The Kentucky Center to name a few.
We are so lucky to have fanatstic venues like The Louisville Palace, Kentucky Center For The Arts, Headliners Music Hall, KFC Yum Center, Iroquois Amphitheater, The Brown Theater and more who consider it important to provide us with quality entertainment.
Please continue to support these companies and venues in 2013!
Well here are my favorites of 2012. I apologize in advance for the lack of Country, and Rap. But these are my favorite memories of a great year in music!
The Best Shows (I attended)
- Roger Waters -The Wall , KFC Yum Center
- Bruce Springsteen – The Wrecking Ball Tour, KFC Yum Center
- Mumford and Sons/ Dawes-Louisville Waterfront
- Crosby, Stills, and Nash- Riverbend Cinn, OH
- My Morning Jacket- Forecastle Festival
- Allman Brothers Band – Wanee Music Festival, Live Oak Florida
- Sleigh Bells- Forecastle
- ZZ Top – The Louisville Palace
- Radiohead – Bonnaroo
- Dr Dog- Headliners Music Hall/Forecastle
- Tedeschi Trucks Band- Iroquois Amphitheater
- Gov’t Mule/Dr John- Iroquois Amphitheater
- Heartless Bastards- Headliners Music Hall
- Jackson Browne- Ky Center for The Arts
- Rush- Bankers Life Field house Indianapolis In
- Wilco- Forecastle
- Kiss/ Motley Crue- KFC Yum Center&Riverbend Cinn, OH
- Charles Bradley- Headliners Music Hall, Bonnaroo, ForeCastle
- Van Halen- KFC Yum Center
- Rod Stewart–Riverbend Cinn, OH
- Leon Russell-Headliners Music Hall
- Civil Wars- The Brown Theater
- Jimmy Buffett-KFC Yum Center
- The Moody Blues- Horseshoe Casino Southern Indiana
- Trigger Hippy- Wanee Music Festival, Live Oak Florida
- Journey- Kentucky State Fair
- Santigold- Bonnaroo
- Gary Clarke Jr-Bonnaroo
- Lady Antebellum – Henryville Prom Special Concert
More Great Shows of 2012
1.Houndmouth- Headliners Music Hall (One of the best surprises of the year)
- Edward Sharpe and The Magnetic Zeros
- Mickey Hart Headliners Music Hall- Iroquois Amphitheater
- Rick Derringer, Gregg Foresman and Gregg Martin- Louisville Science Center
- Bobby Keys- Headliners Music Hall
- Matt Schofield -Wanee Music Festival, Live Oak Florida
- Jane Addiction- The Louisville Palace
- Beats Antique- Forecastle
- Jeff The Brotherhood- Forecastle
- Larry and The Flask/God Damn Gallows Headliners Music Hall
- Dianna Ross- The Louisville Palace
- Bruce Hornsby -Wanee Music Festival, Live Oak Florida
- Fiona Apple The Louisville Palace
- Faces At The Palace Series
Best Festival 2012
- Wanee Music Festival
Shows I wish I could have seen in 2012
Rolling Stones New Jersey
Concert For Sandy Victims
Pearl Jam (anywhere)
Black Sabbath at Lollapalooza
Favorite Releases in 2012
- Jack White- “Blunderbuss”
- Heartless Bastards- “Arrow”
- Edward Sharpe and The Magnetic Zeros- “Here”
- Mumford and Sons -”Babel”
- Neil Young and Crazy Horse-” Psychedelic Pill”
- Gary Clarke Jr- “ Blak and Blu”
- ZZ Top- “La Futura”
- Dr Dog
- Rush “ Clockwork Angels”
- Led Zeppelin “Celebration Day”
- Bruce Springsteen -”The Wrecking Ball”
- Dr John- “ Locked Down”
- Band Of Horses-” Mirage Rock”
- Alabama Shakes -”Boys & Girls”
- Black Country Communion- “ Afterglow”
Best New Music Books of 2012
Peter Criss- “ Make up To Break Up”
Pete Townsend – “ Who Am I”
Neil Young – “Waging War”
Zoso- Jimmy Page (Genesis Publications)
“Man Who Sold The World” David Bowie in the 70’s- Peter Doggett
“Mr Fantasy”- The Lyrics of Jim Capaldi- Genesis Publications