BIG GUAVA PRE-FESTIVAL
KICK-OFF CONCERT WITH
AND THE E STREET BAND
THURSDAY, MAY 1 – ON SALE FEB. 15/ 10AM
AT MIDFLORIDA CREDIT UNION AMP!
LAUNCHES THE 3-DAY BIG GUAVA FESTIVAL
OUTKAST * VAMPIRE WEEKEND *
FOSTER THE PEOPLE * SLIGHTLY STOOPID * CAKE * TEGAN AND SARA * VIOLENT FEMMES *
GIRL TALK * EARL SWEATSHIRT *
GROUPLOVE * HAIM *
AND TONS MORE MUSIC ON FOUR STAGES!
TICKETS FOR BIG GUAVA ONSALE NOW!
Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band headlines a special Big Guava Kick-Off Concert Thursday, May 1 at the MidFlorida Credit Union Amphitheatre in Tampa, FL. Tickets for the Kick-Off go on sale Saturday, February 15 / 10AM. This concert launches the 3-Day Festival which brings a great line-up of musical stars to the Florida State Fairgrounds and MidFlorida Credit Union Amphitheatre, Friday, May 2 through Sunday, May 4. Big Guava is destined to become the biggest and best Live Music Festival in all of Florida.
Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band made their 2014 live debut on January 26th in South Africa with “a sweat-drenched rock ‘n roll spectacle” (Mail & Guardian). They’re currently earning similar raves on the road in Australia – where parts of Springsteen’s new album ‘High Hopes’ were recorded – including a 5-star live review from the Sydney Morning Herald, who said, “If you only see two shows this year, see this one. Twice. (And then see it again.)” Springsteen’s latest studio album, ‘High Hopes’ (Columbia Records), debuted at #1 in 20 countries last month.
They are poised to return to the states and the Big Guava Kick-Off is on the touring list! Tickets for this Special Concert will are on sale Saturday, February 15 / 10AM. Go to www.livenation.com for more information.
Already scheduled to perform at Big Guava are: Outkast, their reunion tour with Andre 3000 and Big Boi; Vampire Weekend, considered one of the most creative and critically acclaimed bands in the American music scene today; Foster The People, the popular indie rock trio making atmospheric, psychedelic, and dance-oriented pop; Slightly Stoopid, built on a bedrock of slabs of dubby bass, meditative vocal harmonies, rock-steady guitar licks and tightly syncopated percussive rhythms; Cake, defying all musical genres to create their own individual sound; Tegan And Sara, with a unique ability to bridge the pop and indie worlds; Violent Femmes, the textbook American cult band of the 1980s who captured the essence of teen angst with remarkable precision and emerged as the soundtrack for the lives of troubled adolescents the world over; Girl Talk, his songs are built on recognizable samples of recent hit singles, recontextualized into an entirely new piece; Earl Sweatshirt, his languid style is a blend of highly personal alt-rap and morbid horrorcore; Grouplove, a merging of richly narrated, intricate songs with anthemic classic pop production; and HAIM, who are able to switch from instrument to instrument, all while singing in three part harmony. Rounding out the line-up are: Twenty One Pilots, Jason Bonham’s Led Zeppelin Experience, Chance the Rapper, Walk The Moon, Blue October, Band Of Skulls, ZZ Ward, MS MR, Timeflies, Hoodie Allen, American Authors, Deap Vally, St. Lucia, Smallpools, Bear Hands, Morning Parade, Kitten, Magic Man, Jacuzzi Boys, Gringo Star, Unlikely Candidates, Civil Twilight, Vic Mensa, Terraplane Sun, Hunter Hunted, Jessica Hernandez And The Deltas, Fly Union, Betty Who and more to be announced soon.
Four stages, tons of bands and that is only a part of the fun and excitement Big Guava offers. There is also a Monster Midway of fast paced free unlimited thrill rides. And then there are the epicurean delights of the finest and most unique food trucks that Tampa Bay has to offer as well as a variety of Craft Beer Gardens that provide refreshing libations for even the most discerning aficionados.
3-Day Big Guava General Admission Pass – $165 (on-sale NOW). Tickets include Free Unlimited Rides and General Admission to All Stages including the MidFlorida Credit Union Amphitheatre (seats available on first come, first served basis).
There is also the one and only 3-Day Super Guava Pass – $499 (on-sale Now). This is the ultimate ticket to Big Guava and includes Free Unlimited Rides; Premium Reserved Seat in Amphitheatre; Preferred viewing areas for all other stages; Access to Two Super Guava Lounges with Specialty Food and Complementary Non-Alcoholic Beverages and Limited Samplings of Signature Beer and Wine; Commemorative Super Guava Laminate..
Single Day Big Guava General Admission ($65.00) and Super Guava VIP ($175.00) Tickets will be available Saturday, February 15 / 11AM. The Single Day Super Guava Ticket includes all the amenities as a 3-Day ticket, but for one day.
To purchase tickets for the Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band and/or Big Guava shows go to www.livenation.com, all TicketMaster outlets or charge-by-phone at (800) 745-3000.
All dates, acts and ticket prices are subject to change without notice. All tickets are subject to applicable taxes, parking and service and handling charges.
2012 proved to be an awesome music year for me. I was able to cover over 85 events with over 300 acts. This was a year that featured many old favorites, a few of which were on my photo bucket list such as Roger Waters, Van Halen, Leon Russell,and Doors Keyboardist Ray Manzarek. I was proud to have a gallery of my photos at The Louisville Science Center Guitar Exhibit.
I got a much desired second opportunity at Bruce Springsteen and Jimmy Buffett and a third at KISS!
I want to thank my media sources for allowing me to get credentialed and all the great publicist who make this possible.
Special thanks to the great staffs and companies who bring the music to us. Productions Simple, WFPK Radio, Live Nation, AC Entertainment , Horseshoe Entertainment and The Kentucky Center to name a few.
We are so lucky to have fanatstic venues like The Louisville Palace, Kentucky Center For The Arts, Headliners Music Hall, KFC Yum Center, Iroquois Amphitheater, The Brown Theater and more who consider it important to provide us with quality entertainment.
Please continue to support these companies and venues in 2013!
Well here are my favorites of 2012. I apologize in advance for the lack of Country, and Rap. But these are my favorite memories of a great year in music!
The Best Shows (I attended)
- Roger Waters -The Wall , KFC Yum Center
- Bruce Springsteen – The Wrecking Ball Tour, KFC Yum Center
- Mumford and Sons/ Dawes-Louisville Waterfront
- Crosby, Stills, and Nash- Riverbend Cinn, OH
- My Morning Jacket- Forecastle Festival
- Allman Brothers Band – Wanee Music Festival, Live Oak Florida
- Sleigh Bells- Forecastle
- ZZ Top – The Louisville Palace
- Radiohead – Bonnaroo
- Dr Dog- Headliners Music Hall/Forecastle
- Tedeschi Trucks Band- Iroquois Amphitheater
- Gov’t Mule/Dr John- Iroquois Amphitheater
- Heartless Bastards- Headliners Music Hall
- Jackson Browne- Ky Center for The Arts
- Rush- Bankers Life Field house Indianapolis In
- Wilco- Forecastle
- Kiss/ Motley Crue- KFC Yum Center&Riverbend Cinn, OH
- Charles Bradley- Headliners Music Hall, Bonnaroo, ForeCastle
- Van Halen- KFC Yum Center
- Rod Stewart–Riverbend Cinn, OH
- Leon Russell-Headliners Music Hall
- Civil Wars- The Brown Theater
- Jimmy Buffett-KFC Yum Center
- The Moody Blues- Horseshoe Casino Southern Indiana
- Trigger Hippy- Wanee Music Festival, Live Oak Florida
- Journey- Kentucky State Fair
- Santigold- Bonnaroo
- Gary Clarke Jr-Bonnaroo
- Lady Antebellum – Henryville Prom Special Concert
More Great Shows of 2012
1.Houndmouth- Headliners Music Hall (One of the best surprises of the year)
- Edward Sharpe and The Magnetic Zeros
- Mickey Hart Headliners Music Hall- Iroquois Amphitheater
- Rick Derringer, Gregg Foresman and Gregg Martin- Louisville Science Center
- Bobby Keys- Headliners Music Hall
- Matt Schofield -Wanee Music Festival, Live Oak Florida
- Jane Addiction- The Louisville Palace
- Beats Antique- Forecastle
- Jeff The Brotherhood- Forecastle
- Larry and The Flask/God Damn Gallows Headliners Music Hall
- Dianna Ross- The Louisville Palace
- Bruce Hornsby -Wanee Music Festival, Live Oak Florida
- Fiona Apple The Louisville Palace
- Faces At The Palace Series
Best Festival 2012
- Wanee Music Festival
Shows I wish I could have seen in 2012
Rolling Stones New Jersey
Concert For Sandy Victims
Pearl Jam (anywhere)
Black Sabbath at Lollapalooza
Favorite Releases in 2012
- Jack White- “Blunderbuss”
- Heartless Bastards- “Arrow”
- Edward Sharpe and The Magnetic Zeros- “Here”
- Mumford and Sons -”Babel”
- Neil Young and Crazy Horse-” Psychedelic Pill”
- Gary Clarke Jr- “ Blak and Blu”
- ZZ Top- “La Futura”
- Dr Dog
- Rush “ Clockwork Angels”
- Led Zeppelin “Celebration Day”
- Bruce Springsteen -”The Wrecking Ball”
- Dr John- “ Locked Down”
- Band Of Horses-” Mirage Rock”
- Alabama Shakes -”Boys & Girls”
- Black Country Communion- “ Afterglow”
Best New Music Books of 2012
Peter Criss- “ Make up To Break Up”
Pete Townsend – “ Who Am I”
Neil Young – “Waging War”
Zoso- Jimmy Page (Genesis Publications)
“Man Who Sold The World” David Bowie in the 70’s- Peter Doggett
“Mr Fantasy”- The Lyrics of Jim Capaldi- Genesis Publications